Thursday, May 1, 2014

100 Days of Gratitude - Day 39

 I am grateful...
  1. That I got up early and did a great meditation.
  2. For yoga! Finally! It was wonderful to feel my body move and stretch after 6 weeks of careful inactivity.
  3. To spend some time with the babies, SiennaJane and Everett, splashing around in a little pool in the santa ana sun and laughing. 
  4. That when Sienna was pretending to be a dog and I said "Shake!" she did a shimmy and shook her whole body, without a clue that I meant shake hands. It was adorable and hilarious. 
  5. That when I was saying goodbye to Sienna she grabbed my hand and after I said "I love you" she said "I lub you too. But I don't want you to go, and that's why I am holding yours fingers", looking up at me with her gigantic watery blue eyes. To be loved completely by a 3 year old is one of the most amazing things I have ever felt. Talk about gratitude...  
  6. To my sister for thanking me for always being there to help her out. It feels really good to receive some gratitude too.
  7. To my mom for taking me to the mall and buying me new bras. I felt like a 13 year old, but in a good way. 
  8. That someone I have known and loved for 22 years (his whole life) has 30 days sober today! 
  9. For the time I spent today with that someone, just drinking coffee and talking about life and maybe getting a little too meta (sorry, C). 
  10. For the experience I just had. I was walking Derby and she paused to pee under a tree. I stood there, looking up, and as I did the breeze hit just right and a flurry of purple flowers shook loose from the tree and snowed down upon me as if I were in a Disney movie. There is much magic in this world, if only our eyes and ears are open to receive it. I'm grateful that in that moment, mine were. 



No comments:

Post a Comment