Tuesday, April 29, 2014

100 Days of Gratitude - Day 37

I am grateful...
  1. For such a beautiful day. It's perfectly warm and the breeze is on point. It feels like summer.
  2. To find a note of encouragement given to me a while ago while looking for something else. It was exactly what I needed to put a smile in my heart this morning. 
  3. To sit on my couch, looking at the bay, doing some editing, while Derby sat beside me. 
  4. To have some work!
  5. That I got out of the house just in time to walk to the water and watch the sunset, something I haven't done in far too long.
  6. For the luxury of an afternoon nap. 
  7. That tomorrow is, hopefully, my last post op appointment. 
  8. To myself for being authentic. As my life moves forward, the decisions I am faced with have more weight. I recently had to make a decision that was really difficult for me. As Ghandi said, "To believe in something and not to live it is dishonest". I believe that there are certain things I (and we all) deserve, and I couldn't make decisions that didn't support that belief. That does not mean it was easy. It's still hard for me to deal with every day. I'm grateful that I am attempting to be the most authentic me I can. 
  9. That I made a new girl friend who emailed me to say she can tell I am a strong willed woman. What a compliment! 
  10. For Derby Blue, my constant companion. 


No comments:

Post a Comment